Familiar Technologies: -HMI (Wonderwar, PLC, DCS),
-Safety instrumented Systems SIS,
-Process Control Systems PCS, SCADA,
-Vessels (Distillation Units, separators, decanters, -surge tanks) selection, design, cost evaluation,
-Piping, valves, orifice plates selection, sizing, and cost calculations,
Heater Exchanger selection, sizing, duty and cost calculation,
-Amine and glycol loading calculation
Regions of the world you have worked: Houston, and Portland
• Seven (7) years of Experience in an Oil Refinery and an LPG plant as both Plant Operator and Control Room Operator.
• Six-months internship with Chevron as Process Support Engineer (June 2020 – Dec 2020).
• Experience in amine and glycol loading calculations (calcs). Mass & energy balance calcs. Heat exchanger selection, sizing, duty, and cost calcs. Reactor selection, sizing, and cost calcs. Centrifugal pump-driver selection, sizing, duty, and cost calcs. Centrifugal compressors-drivers selection, sizing, duty, and cost calcs. Utility selection, usage, and cost estimations. Vessel (distillation tower, separators, decanters, etc.), piping, valves, and orifice plates selection, sizing, and cost calcs. New process or equipment integration analysis, and environmental impact.
• Hands-on experience with engineering software HYSYS, MATLAB, SIMULINK, EXCEL-VBA, POLYMATH, MATHEMATICA. Open to learn difference engineering software, programming languages, and I’m preparing for the FE exam.
• Experience with HMI (WONDEWARE, PLC, DCS), and process safety SIS, and control PCS, and documentation such as work orders, purchase orders, work permit, confined space entry permit, hot work permit, JSA, RCA, Why-trees, Lock-Out and Tag-Out, Standard Operating Procedures SOP, Safety Data Sheets SDS, OSHA standards, Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), Management of Change MOC, engineering drawings PFD and P&ID.
• Experience working with JDE/EnterpriseOne (most functions similar to SAP).
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL TRAINING CERTIFICATION
The University of Tulsa, Oklahoma.
B.S Chemical Engineering, May 2020 (GPA 3.2/4.0)
Chemical Engineering Relevant Subjects
• Principles of Chemical Engineering, Fluid Mechanics, Thermodynamics, Equilibrium Thermodynamics, Heat Transfer, Mass Transfer and Separations, Process Dynamics and Control, Chemical Reactor Design, Process Component Design, Combustion Engineering, Chemical Process Health and Safety, Petroleum Refinery Design, Chemical Engineering Plant Design, Engineering Economics.
1. Dicyclopentadiene Recovery from By-product of Naphtha Stream-Cracking
2. Styrene Production from Toluene and Methanol
(Feasibility analysis, equipment size and cost calculation/estimation, health and safety hazard analysis, process integration analysis, process simulation and optimization, group and individual project presentations)
Lock- out and Tag-Out
• Electrical Safe Work Practices
• Oil and gas Terminal Operations (BS&W, RVP, Storage, Exportation)
• Console Operator Training
• Gas Dehydration & Gas Sweeting
• Six Sigma Quality Assurance / Quality Control
• Chemical Hazards and Risks Identification
• Applying Lean Principles to Manufacturing and Design in Process Industries
• OSHA Process Safety Management Review
B&G/B&M FOODs Jan 2021-Present
• Start up and shut down machinery,
• Set-up, operate, and maintain machinery ensuring the machine produces high quality products,
• Troubleshoot machine components,
• Know and use terminology and functions of machine components,
• Operate or tend machines to prepare products for storage or shipment,
• Maintain a clean work area and utilize Good Manufacturing Practices by following all quality specifications and performing quality inspections,
• Keep and maintain accurate records and data,
• Work orders and purchase orders management,
• Operate or tend machines to prepare products for storage or shipment.
• Keep and maintain accurate records and data
Process Support Engineer Intern June 2020 – Dec 2020
• I developed and implemented a plan to increase the throughput and enhance the production of an LPG plant.
• I developed and implanted a program to mitigate and prevent hydrate formation in gas line.
• I worked with other process engineers troubleshooting and fixing a sensor that was causing a critical breakdown in oil production – we discovered and replaced a faulty level switch that was preventing the sump pump from starting, causing several shutdowns of the oil platform due to LAHH in the water/oil sump.
• I participated in a safety audit team, and generated hazard reports.
• I worked with other process engineers giving daily technical support to the operation team.
• Internship report writeup
Control Room (board) Operator Apr 2015 – March 2018
Oversaw the work of Outside Operators and ensured the safe functioning of an LPG production plant.
● Shift lead for four Outside Operators providing oversight of the LPG production plant.
● Oversaw management, maintenance, and repair of all refinery facilities and equipment.
● Active in safety oversight, serving on Safety Leadership Team and leading drills, etc.
● Management of Change (MOC) initiator
● Wrote and edited operating procedure, and P&ID mark up for major maintenance (equipment repair and replacement, general plant shutdown & start up, and turnarounds)
● Oversaw and managed work orders and purchase orders
Outside (field) Operator Sept 2010 – Apr 2015
Monitored all processes for the conversion of 8MMSCFD raw gas into Liquified Petroleum Gas (LPG)
● Provided Quality Control, maintenance management, and repair of equipment throughout the facility.
● Active in Safety oversight, serving on Safety Leadership Team and leading drills.
● Awarded a Recognition of Services certificate from management for demonstrating leadership and caring for safety of others in the workplace.
Monitored all processes for an 15,000 barrels per day topping oil refinery
● Provided Quality Control in the production of naphtha, kerosene, jet fuel, and diesel.
● Oversaw the maintenance and repair of all refinery facilities and equipment.
Active in Safety oversight.
• Six Sigma Quality Assurance / Quality Control, 2020
• Chemical Hazards and Risks Identification, 2020
• Applying Lean Principles to Manufacturing and Design in Process Industries, 2021
• OSHA Process Safety Management Review, 2020
• AIChE – American Institute of Chemical Engineers