Familiar Technologies: Water-based fluids, Corehole, Gelchem, etc.
Regions of the world you have worked: Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia.
Attention: Human Resources
RE: Field Operator
Please accept this letter and attached resume as formal application to your company for the position of Field Operator. .
I work as an Drilling Fluid Technician with specialty in drilling fluids . My work experience includes working as an Environmental Technician at Norwest Labs Lethbridge for 2 years and an Environmental Consultant /Drilling Fluid Specialist in the oil industry for the past ten years. I attended Water Based Drilling Fluids School with Qmax Solutions in house. My primary focus was monitoring drilling fluids, signing land and water contracts with land owners, taking inventory of chemicals/chemical sales and conducting safety meetings, safety reports of drilling rigs in British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan. Although challenging, it was an excellent way to showcase my excellent communication, coordinating, and organizational skills.
Much of my work involved keeping good client relations via personal meetings, informed documented reports, progress reports and safety reports while drilling was in progress. I did chemical inventory/sales, field testing of soils, water, drilling fluids and sumps, monitoring land spreading, monitoring water usage, mapping, hazard assessments, safety coordinating and facilitating of safety meetings. In addition to my oilfield experience I have a background in farming and strong mechanical skills.
My personal strengths also include being a fast learner, hard worker, attentive to detail and a dedicated employee with solid work ethics. I am willing to relocate.
I welcome you to review my attached resume. If you have any questions, please contact me at 306-741-1420.
Thank You for taking the time to review my qualification and I look forward to speaking with you soon to further discuss how I can become an asset to your organization. Sincerely,
SUMMARY OF SKILLS
• Environmental Tech/ Drilling Fluid Supervisor (Attended Water Based Drilling Fluids School at Qmax Solutions in house training)
• 10 years experience testing and monitoring waters, soils, drilling fluids/chemicals and operations.
• Excellent Customer Relations, Sales, Negotiation, Coordinating, Organizational, and Supervisory Skills
• Good Computer Skills and Experience, writing detailed, well informed reports
• GPS and Mapping Experience
• Safety Supervision and Hazard Assessment
• Valid Safety Field Tickets
• Own Test Kit, Mud Balance, Mud Press
• Valid Class 5 license and reliable vehicle
2002-2003 Lethbridge Community College Lethbridge, AB
Environmental Restoration and Assessment
1999-2002 Lakeland College Vermilion, AB Natural Resource Technology
Environmental Monitoring and Compliance
1997-1999 Cypress Hills Regional College Swift Current, SK
Completed Academic upgrading
WORK EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Qmax Solutions Water Based Drilling Fluids School
• Drilling Fluid Testing (Water loss, pH, Cl, Ca, alkalinities, viscosity & Gel Strengths, Mud Weight, sand content, MBT, Retort, Rheology, etc.)
• Drilling Fluid Daily and Final Reports
• Inventory of Drilling Fluid Products
• Water Based Drilling Fluids
• Negotiating land and water access with land owners
• LWD (Landspraying While Drilling)
• G50, GL99 and Land Waste Disposal Reports
• Customer Relations and Management
• GPS and mapping of landspray fields, sumps and pre-sites
• Prespray maps
• Hazard Assessment
• Pre-site Assessment
• Sump sampling, pump off, landspray
• Map interpretation and GPS
• Limnology(Waters) worked with HACH kit and Horiba sampling kit
• Pason information
• Air quality monitoring
• Pollution abatement and control
• Environmental chemistry (organic and inorganic chemistry)
• Assisting with the family farming operation
• Operate all farming equipment
• Operate heavy equipment Payloader (Michigan 75A)
• Cattle feed and care
• Basic Mechanics and Welding
• Wildlife Management and Ecology
• Environmental Law
• Water Sampling and testing
• Soils and soil testing (pH, EC, Total Inorganic Carbon, CNS)
Jan15/12- Qmax Solutions Inc. Calgary, AB.
May 9/13 Drilling Fluid Technician
Jul 14/10- Hondo Consulting. Swift Current, SK.
Jan 15/12 Drilling fluid technician
Feb/03 Mountainview Environmental Consulting Swift Current, SK
Present Drilling Fluid Technician/Consultant
Environmental Field Supervisor
2002-2003 Norwest Laboratories Lethbridge, AB
Environmental Soils CNS and Total Inorganic Carbon Analyst
Plant Tissue Analyst
2000 Jacques Construction (no longer in business) Lloydminster, AB
General labourer, carpenter’s helper, framer
1985-2001 Gordon’s Light Delivery (new ownership) Swift Current, SK
Fulltime and Seasonal employment
Operation of 3 and 1 ton moving trucks
Long and short distance household and office moves
Regularly scheduled parcel deliveries
Wilderness Survival Instructor Certified
Alberta Hunter and Fishing Instructor Certified
Boone and Crockett measuring certificate
Wilderness Survival Instructor
Hunting and Fishing Education and Conservation Instructor
Firearms Acquisition Certificate
St. Johns First Aid
Ground Disturbance Level 2
ENVIRONMENTAL TESTING EQUIPMENT
Environmental Test kit (Mud scale, press, pH strips, sodium meter, EC meter, chemicals)
Laptop computer and printer/scanner
Wainwright wildlife check station
Driver of Passenger van for field trips
Hunter and Fishing instructor
HOBBIES AND INTERESTS
• Outdoor activities including hiking, camping, hunting, fishing, trail rides, canoeing.
• Sports including hockey, baseball, football, rodeo.
• Recreational vehicle use including snowmobiles, ATV’s, and dirt bikes.