Familiar Technologies: Analytical Controls GC, PT5, Scalechem
Regions of the world you have worked: Nigeria, United Kingdom
Resume: Career Objective
A highly motivated industrial lubricant Chemist with MSc Oilfield Chemicals seeking a position in an oil and gas company that will allow for the application of my skills and experience, as well as provide the opportunity to learn and be exposed to the latest trends and concepts in specialised chemical management and analytical services in a relevant industry.
2010—2011 MSc. Instrumental Analytical Sciences (Oilfield Chemicals), Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen
• Oilfield Chemicals
• Oilfield Microbiology
• Chemometrics and Statistical Quality Control
• Spectroscopy and Chromatography
• Analytical Problem Solving
• Separation and Electro-analytical Techniques
Thesis: Feasibility of mixing simulated Gas Chromatography with physical distillation data in the determination of True Boiling Point Curve of crude oil using PT5 technology
My MSc project involved the determination of True Boiling Point Curve of Crude oil using both the conventional physical distillation and simulated distillation gas chromatography methods. The two data, used to build advanced chemometrics model called PT5, were compared to establish a correlation between them.
2001—2005 BSc. Industrial Chemistry, University of Ilorin
• Spectroscopic Analytical Methods
• Surface and Colloidal Chemistry
• Quality Control and Laboratory Information Management
• Non-aqueous Fluid Systems
• Basic Concepts of Drug Design
Mar. 2011 – Aug. 2011 Project Intern
Intertek Testing Services, Wellhead Industrial Estate, Dyce, Aberdeen.
• Crude Oil Assay
• Determination of True Boiling Point Curve of crude oil samples from different parts of the world using simulated distillation Gas Chromatography and physical distillation techniques in line with ASTM and IP standard methods.
• Calibration of offshore NIR instrument using Gas Chromatography.
• Determination of light end composition analysis of NGL samples using Gas Chromatography.
• Crude oil composition analysis and properties determination using traditional methods such as Coulometric titration, Near infrared Spectroscopy, X-ray Fluorescence, viscosity, density, pour point, flash point and Gas-to-oil ratio (GOR) measurements.
• COSHH assessment of chemicals and laboratory information management
Aug 2008- Aug 2010 Laboratory Assistant.
Moye Oil and Petrochemicals Ltd, Nigeria
• Determined the physical properties of lube oils
• Conducted Quality Control checks and tests while adhering strictly to Standard Operating Procedures.
• Determined the viscosity, flash point and water content of lubricating oil
• Carried out periodic calibration of instrumentation.
• Collection and Analysis of samples from process plant
• Processing and Logging in of results using Excel Spreadsheet
Other Work Experience
Aug. 2006-Aug. 2008 Relationship Officer/Customer Service Officer
Oceanic Bank International Plc, Eket, Nigeria
Nov. 2003-Feb. 2004 Student Intern
Brewing Department, Nigerian Breweries Plc, Ibadan
Sep. 2005- Aug. 2006 Chemistry and Mathematics Teacher
National Youth Service Corps, Nigeria
Technical Reports and Publications
Analysis of Phenol in Waste Water using Technical Laboratory Report submitted to
Derivative Ultra Violet spectroscopy The Robert Gordon Univeristy, 2010
Natural Gas Hydrates: A potential Technical Laboratory Report submitted to
Alternative Energy Source The Robert Gordon Univeristy, 2011
Analysis of Produced Water-originating Technical Report for grant allocation
Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons in submitted to The Robert Gordon
North Sea Waters University,2010
Analysis Of Drilling Fluids Using Formal Laboratory Report submitted to The
Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectroscopy The Robert Gordon University, 2010
Professional Memberships and Certifications
Royal Society of Chemistry, RSC. March 2011
Institute of Occupation Safety and Health IOSH, Working Safely 2011
Society of Petroleum Engineers, SPE. March 2011
Nigerian Institute of Management. January 2007
Skills and Achievements
Team work and Cooperation
• Led a multi-cultural team of 4 students in a project that involved analysis and profiling of crude oil from different sources at RGU
• Led the branch customer care improvement team (CCIT), an independent committee that reported issues of service failure/delay directly to the Managing Director’s office at Moye Oil and Petrochemicals.
• Coordinated the task force on mass education and deployment of e-banking products that included ATM machines and cards, Point of Sale (POS)Terminals etc in Oceanic Bank, Eket branch.
• Member of Oceanic Bank Akwa Ibom silver winning team in the Uyo Clearing House CBN Competition, 2008
Communication and Computer Skills
• Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
• Proficiency in the use of computers and Microsoft Office suite.
• Proficiency in maintaining laboratory information management systems (LIMS)
• Proficiency in the use of Minitab and other chemometrics applications in manipulation and evaluation of data.
• Strong experimental design techniques
• Practical experience in the use of a range of analytical instruments and techniques (GC-MS,GC-FID, Simdis GC, ICP, SEM, IR, UV and Fluorescence spectroscopy, etc.) for oilfield chemical analysis
• Constant observation of health and safety regulations and laboratory house-keeping
• Data manipulation and interpretation
• Experience and understanding of ISO 17025 regulations.